Friday, August 10, 2007

Ready To Go On A Racing Rampage!

The vacation is over. I'm fully recovered from the race. Everything that bothered me before, during and after the race seems to be gone. I am ready to get back to racing. The first race back will be this Sunday at the Wildcat Sprint in Lowell. I absolutely need to be in the first wave of the swim - hopefully it will just be a mass start. I know this course well because it goes down and around the Baystate Marathon course - it's flat, fast and I am going to hammer all-out on the bike. The run is short, so this should be a good experiment to see how fast I can go after all of those months of endurance training and racing. I haven't really done a whole lot the last three weeks. Did a little bit at the track the other day. I have been riding real light the last two weeks. There's not really any training to do for these races and I'm just going to race. After all, I am still pretty fit from the intense training for IMLP, that started all the way back in January. I have gained a couple of kilos from the vacation, but it is slowly starting to come off - too may all-you-can-eat buffets and the post race pie-athlons.
After this weekend, I have three races planned in four days. They are all short, so I don't think there will be any issues. Here's the schedule:

Wildcat Triathlon, Lowell MA Sunday Aug. 12
Clinton 5K, Clinton MA Thursday Aug. 16
Ipswich Triathlon, Crane Beach Friday Aug. 17
Gardner Heritage Triathlon, Gardner MA OR Sodus Point Triathlon, Rochester NY - both Sunday Aug. 19
Chicopee Triathlon, Chicopee MA Sunday Aug. 26
Hoptkinton Triathlon, Hopt. MA Sunday Sept. 9

I need to find out whether or not I'm going to be forced by my wife into traveling to Rochester, NY next weekend. If so, payment will be the Sodus Point Tri, but I would much rather race at the inaugural Gardner Tri. Anyway, I'll refine the schedule as I get closer to the dates and hopefully the entries won't close.

I posted this picture of the swim start becuase I am in there somewhere. It's not possible to identify anyone in that mess, but that's where I was - right in the middle, about two bodies from the line.

If anyone has any suggestions for races - triathlons, running, trail, etc. Let me know. I'm open for suggestions.

-Kyle

No comments: