Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Final Look Back At 2010

The 2011 training is now back in full swing. My New Year's resolution is to spend more energy on bike miles this year. In a perfect world, my bike miles will be about 3-4x my running miles. 2010 was an unusual year, but since I don't have anything to compare it to, I will use it as a baseline.

Anyway, first two weeks on 2011:

week #1 swim-7200, bike-95mi, run-49mi

week#2 bike - 119mi, run-49mi

Snow, holidays and life getting in the way of swimming - seems like the pool has been closed for weeks now. I will need to make up some of the time in the coming weeks.

And now ... drum roll please ... best performances and recap of 2010.

Best Swim:

I think I PR'd in every swim of 2010. LOT's of time in the water - wet suit free. I've improved a lot and it showed this year. Best swim goes to IMLP 64:42.

Best Bike:

Best Bike goes to Pumpkinman 2:35. Not a fast time, but done without a lot of training. I am looking to do this race again in 2011.

Best Run:

This one is easy; Boston Marathon 2:49:53 - new PR. I am still trying to figure out how I am going to best this time in 2011.

Anyway, I am challenging myself to PR on the bike this year. I will take any PRs running this year too.

I hope everyone is well and looking at 2011 races. Looks like we are in for a tough New England winter, so hopefully we'll get some breaks for some outdoor cycling and long runs.

Cheers! -Kyle

2 comments:

MB said...

very nice effort and results! you might want to update your PRs on the sidebar. Let me know if you want to schedule a run soon. I'll be at the w\o this Sunday.

kyle65 said...

Thanks Mark! I know, I need to work on the old blog. Great to hear from and great job at WDW 1/2 marathon! I plan to be there this Sunday for the bbrrrrr run! See you then. -K.