Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Finally Some Time To Train



I'm no where near where I was this time last year, but I am starting to catch up. January was an up and down month with many distrations, but I still managed to build-up running mileage. Also, I am religeously on the trainer for one hour each morning. I don't want to make that same mistake from last year (not enough time on the bike through April). IM France comes one month earlier than Lake Placid, so there is no time to screw around. I must bike train and marathon train in parallel. The two big races are:


112th BAA Boston Marathon April, 21 2008

IronMan France Nice June 22, 2008


February and March I will be training absolutely as hard as I can. As you can see there is no time to train between post-marathon recovery and tapering for IM France. I am back swimming too. I need to get to three days a week - definitely putting more emphasis on the bike training this year, I am not too worried about swim training. It should be interesting swimming in the mediteranean.


Anyway, the body seems to be healthy and ready to go. I need to get to my race weight, but there is still plenty of time.


I hope everyone is healthy, getting back to shape and focused on their races this year.


Cheers,


-Kyle

No comments: