Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Old Fashioned 10 Miler

Race Report:

Knowing I am no where near where I was last year at this point (1:02:28, 6:15), I set a goal for anything under 65 minutes. I have also been training crazy hard (no big surprise) trying to get myself back into shape. I may have over done it, as I was feeling very exhausted on Saturday and didn't really do much.

The race actually went well. I felt pretty good running and was fairly consistent in the 6:20 to 6:30 range with the exception of downhill mile 2 (6:10). There are a lot of hills in this race, so I knew that I would run closer to 6:30 on the tougher miles. The day also featured a tough head-wind in the first couple and last few miles.

Time: 1:04:44
Pace: 6:28
Place: 68th
AG Place: 17th

Overall I am happy with this prep-race. I did a post race shlog of about 3.5 miles and felt very tired. I felt tired yesterday too and a little bit today. I will do the track workout tonight and distance tomorrow, then take a couple days off and get ready for this weekend's long bomb on the Boston course.

I hope everyone is staying healthy and getting into shape! It has been a tough NE winter to train this year and I hope we will get some better weather here leading towards Boston. I will also try to get back into the swing with this blog as many have commented that I am not keeping it up like I should! Please leave a comment if you visit, so others know you've been by (I changed the comment field so you can comment anonymously). I will try to get with the program! Now off to MIT to get those hard 800s in with my BAA team mates!

-Kyle

No comments: