Thursday, April 24, 2008

Boston Marathon Race Report

Wow, what a great day for the spectators! All in all a pretty good day. I was out fast with the studs at a fast pace for the first half. No complaints, I was right at the pace I wanted to be at - it was all or nothing on this one. I laid it all out on the course, shooting for that sub-2:50. I wanted to break my 2:53 PR. A little bit warmer than expected, maybe slowed me down (and everyone else) in the mid-section of the course. My legs got a little tight at the downhill before 16 and got worse. A bit of a struggle 21-24, but with two to go I pushed hard, ending up at 2:58. 2nd fastest marathon. I'm happy and will take it. Statistically, a lot of runners had the same slower half as I did, no surprise. I think we are still not acclimated to this warm weather. Happy recovery everyone. IM training resumes next week. This is me at the 30K mark - right before heartbreak hill. -Kyle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great job kyle, i was looking out for you but it was a bit of a blur at mile 17, I felt the heat while i was watching, i would imagine it definitely had an effect after the winter we've had. good luck with ironman training, see you on the roads,pat ryan