Monday, August 4, 2008

Third Race In One Week

I'll keep this post short. Back at it again, three races in one week. I slept about 10.5 hours last night, so to say the least, it has been a long week.

Wildat Sprint Race (Lowell, MA) Results:

7th Overall
2nd AG 40-44
Total Time: 51:53
0.25 mi Swim: 27th 6:24
T1: 1:13
11 mi BIke: 4th 27:37
T2 0:50
2.5mi+ Run: 7th 15:47

Short Analysis: I really had a great race all the way around. I had a great swim (for me). Everyone swam wide at the 2nd turn and I had a straight line to the last buoy with no one in the line. Unfortuantely, there was no elite category and I ended up in the second wave. My bike was fast - 4th fastest I will take any day. Average speed was 23.9 mph - not bad even with some hills on the back side. Run was fast too and I ran down two people in my AG and a lot from the first wave. The negatives: 2nd wave meant crazy passing half way to the first buoy all the way to the end, although having a clear shot to the last buoy really helped me have a good swim. I was way back in the tranistion area - all those guys with single #'s were on the first rail. I had to run all the way back to get my bike and put it back - definitely cost me time. Anyway, those young guys are fast! I wouldn't be able to beat them anyway! I only got beat once the whole day - on the run - the kid was 20 yrs old, but he helped pull me to the finish.

Next big race is Cranberry Triathlon on the 24th. I may stick another race in there, but the next few days will be rest.

Cheers,

-Kyle

No comments: