Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tri Season Comes To A Quick End

Probably my final race - big race of the year anyway. Although, there are some short races around in September - I could be tempted!! Cranberry Country Tri will probably do it though, as my cycling fitness seems to have gone down the tubes. The lousy August weather just put a damper on my cycling as I can't remember a ride over 50 miles since Lake Placid weekend. The last two weeks of vacationing has also nailed the coffin on any fitness I had coming of IMF, but my achilles feels better and I think I can start ramping up the running again. I got my insurance check from my car getting totaled (87 yr old guy runs into me head on) and did the right thing; went out and bought a new cyclocross bike ... very nice. Look for me out on the cross scene this year boys! But what about running? I am totally lost. I don't think I have enough time for Baystate. The BAA masters team has withdrawn from defending our title at Winni Relay - total bummer... I need to figure out a plan other then some short races this fall. I certainly need to try to do something about my running speed, which seems to be non-existent this year again. All endurance training and age is not helping my cause. Suggestions?????

2 comments:

MB said...

Kyle, we got filled in your situation at the X-C race this past w/e. That's some tough luck, looks like you're making the best of it.
X-C was good last year, hope to see you out there! 9/9 is the Harvard race if you can make it.

kyle65 said...

Thanks Mark, I am getting back into shape now that there is no car. I look forward to doing some XC this year.