Sunday, November 23, 2008

Calling It A Year




Covered with mud, the Lowell Cyclocross was a blast. It was a challenge riding after all the rain, but I approached it with the right frame of mind - to have fun! That said, I'm calling it a year. I will run the Ayer 5K Thanksgiving race with my 8 year old daughter - her 1st 5K. Next week I'll ride the course and hang around and drink beer with the boys at the Sterling cyclocross. I will then take a three week respite from running and focus on other things; swimming? I have yet to swim more than two day a week. Need to figure out a room by the pool and get serious. Any way, the off-season approaches and it is always a time I struggle with, but I may push up the '09 start time to around the holidays and get back in gear early. I have big plans for the Boston marathon and Lake Placid 2009. I want to go to an entire new level and break all the barriers thought impossible! Hope everyone is concluding their season and is starting to think about taking a rest as the Pros are doing it and it is good for the body. It has been a long year - almost 11 months of training this year! and it is easy for me to call it a year and take a break! -Kyle


No comments: