Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Final Thoughts On 2008

For me, 2008 was an up and down year. Not many PRs, but a lot of great experiences and some pretty good performances. Certainly, the trip to Nice was an experience and a vacation I will never forget. I'll recap some of my best races and pieces here:

2008 Best Swim: Definitely in the shiny blue waters of the mediterranean. I finally broke the 65 minute mark in Nice. I had a great swim and I will be looking to break that PR this year at Ironman Lake Placid.

2008 Best Bike: I have two this year. The technical-suicide ride in the Alps is a feather in my cap. Who knows if I will ever have a chance to race in Europe again, so I will flash back every time I watch the tour - I totally did this year. And ... The Pat Bell Time Trial in Southborough. That was definitely a performance that proves 200-250 mile weeks can turn anyone into a good cyclist. That ride just felt good and 26+ mph average to boot.

2008 Best Run: No question about it. Manchester Marathon saved my year for running. I bought a pair of skate skis with the prize money.

Anyway, on to 2009; Boston Marathon, Lake Placid. I will post a race schedule in the next few weeks, as I register and work out the details. I hope folks have started their base training. Things have been going well and the running is coming along. The pounds are shedding as I write this!

-Kyle

2 comments:

Wess said...

Kyle -

Great year in '08, congrats. Good luck in 2009. Hope to see you out there (meaning, I hope to be out there this year).

pw

kyle65 said...

Paul,

Great to hear from you! Hope all is well with the family. We should do some races together this year! We need to see the Terminator back in action!!!!

-K.