Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Well, I had an extended time off with the crazy NE weather and losing power for four days. The extra week won't hurt me and I'm back running again. It feels good to be back and I can now start building a base in prep for the new year. My BAA application is in and that's always a reminder that marathon training begins Jan 1st. I've managed to gain a decent amount of weight - it's hard to believe I'm actually 17 pounds (almost 8 kilos!) heavier than I was the day I left for France... and yes I was very thin then and not so thin now. I have been told by professional athletes that it is okay to gain the weight when in off-season, but I think it is time for the scale to go in the other direction.

Anyway, I'll post a recap of 2008 with some points on my best races, experiences, etc. I hope everyone has a great time-off and is or has gotten some time off and is looking toward events next year. I can't wait to start the real training again! Only a couple of weeks.

-Kyle

No comments: