Thursday, March 26, 2009

Less Than Four Weeks Out

It's coming quick and the piling of the miles will soon come to an end. Last week was another big week, with my last run with the boys out on the Boston course - 24 miles with tempo 8.3 miles, first half fast at 1:32 flat. The course run tops off my week with 87 miles total. I'm looking back at my logs and can not find a bigger week in years. Believe it or not, my legs felt better last week with all the miles, than the week before. The New Bedford week was tough and my legs were definitely responding to the increase in mileage. This week, legs feel great! and I'm still piling on those miles!! My swimming has exploded recently and I am doing intervals at what would be PRs for me a few years ago. Biking also going well and has gotten a lot easier now that winter is over - definitely less taxing on the body cycling in the 40s&50s - over those days that were teens morning and 20s afternoons and now there's no snow ruts on my street. I survived a full winter of outdoor cycling! another first! My weight has also come way down - 150lbs @ 7% body fat - 18 pounds down since the holidays - I can never let that happen again. No more beer and ice cream diet.

Anyway, I hope everyone's training has gone well. It comes to a quick hault pretty soon. Next week I will be focusing on shorter quicker and broken-up doubles of less distance. I hope to get a long bike ride in also, as LP09 is now 4 months away.

-Kyle

No comments: