Monday, March 29, 2010

Weeks 11 & 12, Three weeks until Boston

Not keeping up with the posts again. Thanks to all that are following. I will try to keep up, as my hit counter has a lot of hits lately, so folks are checking in.

Week 11: Swim-4600 yds, Bike-129mi, Run - 68 mi

Week 12: Swim-7K yds, Bike-140 mi, Run - 74mi

New Bedford Report: Too many miles and exhaustion; This race just always comes at the wrong time; right in the toughest part of the training for Boston. Out fast and out to set the world on fire, only to run out of gas at 11 and run two 7+min/mile to go home with tale between legs. It was an unusually warm and not windy day - not your typical New Bedford race conditions.

No problems with the body, with the exception of exhaustion. A direct result of burning the candle at both ends for too long. With another set of flooding rains coming in the next few days, I will be looking to get some rest, as we are starting to get into the taper phase for Boston.

And ... (drum roll please) I am FINALLY in corral #1 this year! It only took 2:52 flat to get me there. That bodes well for me this year, as I will be at that line looking at the elites.

Race Number: 1750

Certainly an easy number to remember. Any way, three weeks from today will by 14th consecutive Boston Marathon. Goal: sub-2:50.

-Kyle

No comments: