Saturday, November 13, 2010

Enjoying The Off-Season

Well, it has been three weeks ... I know it is completely inappropriate for this blog and some folks will be shocked, but ... I am really enjoying the off-season (scream, horror). It is a strange and new sensation to me ... the one who can not stop and will train through wind, rain, snow and Armageddon. I will admit that I have done some running and swimming, but very little. I am now starting to ramp back-up and I think it has come very easy to me, as I have had no recovery from any big races or a marathon or anything like that. January 1 will roll around soon enough and I will be back trying to one-up on last year's Boston. The bike ... there has been no biking, bike-commuting, cross, mtb or anything (boo, throwing objects). I cycled more today with MRC folks than I have cycled in the last two months! only 35 miles. I am enjoying my return and maybe a little time away from the sport has been good. Last year was maybe a little too extreme. The good news is I haven't ballooned into the fat B@st@rd like last year after Clearwater. Anyway, I am moving on ... there really aren't any races this time of year locally, so I will return with fresh spirit and enjoy this time, not worrying about training, times, mileage, etc.

Please comment if you actually think I can be succesful at this.

2 comments:

Wess said...

Happy Turkey Day Kyle. Enjoy the "off-season"!
(I HAVE ballooned into the fat b@$t*%d - working on reversing that) - see you in 2011!
pw

kyle65 said...

Somehow I can't believe Wess (aka "the terminator") ballooning. Me however, the weight just doesn't look right on me! I am working on reversing that too! See you soon. -Kyle