Friday, December 3, 2010

Off-Season Continues, But Starting Up Again

Some heel soreness after the Groton trail race led to some stiffness in the Achilles. Starting to run again slowly, back on the bike and swimming in the pool regularly again. It feels good to be going again. My body and brain is wired to be going aerobically all the time. I sleep better and seem to behave better with the eating, etc. I'm already looking at races next year. Of course the two big races in the first half will be the 115th running of the Boston Marathon, my 15th Boston in a row and LP2011. As of now it looks like I am out for the Half Marathon Championships in February. I may pick another local half or ten miler and do New Bedford again or maybe not. This has been the ritual for a number of years now and it may be time to do something different. As far as half irons ... I don't know. I just need to pick one - there are a number of them at the right time for IM prep and or maybe pick some different races and distances for that matter.

Anyway, I am telling a lot of different people to do the same thing here in off-season; do something different. I am hoping to get some cross-country skiing here when we get some snow; it won't be long.

-Kyle

No comments: