Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ironman Training Ends - 11 days and counting

I hope to see a lot of friends and familiar faces up at Lake Placid next week. Everything has gone dynamite this training period, and I look into my crystal ball and see good things happening on 7/24. This will be my sixth Ironman and I go into this race well trained and confident about my ability. I am honestly hoping to nail this race and go sub-10:00. I don't think it is a stretch at all, but will come down to me having a great run split. Last week's numbers:

5600, 201, 43mi

Breaking Down The Numbers:

250 miles on the bike has been my largest bike week and 60 mi running (also same week). Shift one day either way and I have about a 1000 miles riding in June, which will be a PR month since I've been logging miles.

Long Rides: 90, 89, 75, 105, 91, 100 and 85.

Long Runs: 15, 17, 15, 23, 14, 15 and 18.

These are all post Boston numbers - I think this is probably enough! right?!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. I have officially begun to taper and things have slowed down.

The PIC is from my first Ironman - LP 2006.

-Kyle

No comments: