Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mooseman Half Iron Race Weekend

Wow! The seaon is really flying by. The miles and intesity have been huge! My battered body is managing to stay in one piece, just barely. Last weekend was the Epic Training Weekend. Kudos again to Mark D. for making this happen. Weather not perfect in the beginning, but nice in the end. New PR: 130 miles with Dave from his house in Milford to Eastham on the Cape. It was a great ride and a first time one-way distance cycle to the Cape. We just barely made it and landed at 8:pm with the temperature dropping, rain and not much daylight left. Total numbers for Epic Weekend:

Swim: ~ 2.5 miles
Bike: 325 miles over 3 days (new PR)
Run: 20 miles (13 mile run Sunday)

and on to the last race before IMLP - Mooseman Half. I was a late entry into this race due to Lancaster being canceled and this is the only one that worked. I will be looking to PR. I hope I can recover before Sunday. I still have some aches and my back is bothering due to non-training activity, but probably compounded by swimming. I aslo had two track workouts, one with Mark
on Tuesday (wow he looks fast, add 3 seconds to his numbers for mine) and one with Bill on Wednesday. I'll have about 48 miles running this week which is a good step up, but not good tapering for a race. Anyway, I'll post a race report on Monday.

-Kyle

No comments: