Friday, June 26, 2009

Next Stop, Rochester NY

Monday morning the 29th, I will get on my bike and ride from Boxborough MA to Rochester NY over three days. The trip looks to be in the 450-470 mile range, but everyone knows my history of getting lost, so I will probably add to that figure easily. I have agreed to bring a map, but I'm not guaranteeing that I will actually look at it. For me, this ride is about touring the northeast and getting an enjoyable three days of riding in. This is also my first time at a solo ride like this, so I'm trying to prepare for the worst case scenario of bike problems, weather and any other unforeseen disasters. Pray for good weather! It has been horrible here in New England and I feel like every time I get on my bike, it starts to rain. I have had a race here, 6 out of the last 7 weekends, so I'm done with any more of that. Add a whole lot of training and it makes for a tough 7 weeks, but everything has gone well and the body is healthy. Now, just need some decent weather and I'll be all set.

2 comments:

Wess said...

hey Kyle -

Safe riding! If you can post during the ride do so otherwise we'll wait for he summary. Good luck - here's to NO bike and/or weather issues!

pw

MB said...

good luck and keep heading West to reach Rochester