Thursday, September 10, 2009

Muskoka Race Weekend In Jeopardy

Oh no! I am fine, but two sick kids at home. We are supposed to leave for Ontario today. May be able to do the 12+ hour thing tomorrow or lose one night in the cottage - that is costing $300/night. Yup, the even gouge triathletes way up there. I am too poor to be doing this sport. We need to figure out a plan, as it looks like I am not going solo - the same discussion we are having about Clearwater, so I might not be grabbing one of those slots anyway. If we do get on the road, we have 12+ hours to discuss me going to Clearwater alone vs. Kids out of School vs. $$$, which I am running out of with all these expensive races - including the ones I have already forked out for 2010!

Anyway, wish me luck. It looks like a beautiful area up there. I am looking forward to rubbing elbows with Craig Alexander and Lisa Bentley. They have quite a stacked field of pros this year including Tweilzek - the winner at LP this year and local Janda Ricci-Munn.

The bike course is a little long at 58 miles and very challenging, which should work in my favor.

-Kyle

No comments: