Thursday, September 24, 2009

Baystate Approaching Fast

I've really been feeling the pressure to pile on running miles as well as speed work; which seems to be non-existent after months of endurance training. All this running has just smashed my legs and they seem to be shot on just about every run. Bike miles are also lacking now that marathon training has started. Need to figure out how to train for Baystate and Clearwater at the same time without training all day. Baystate is now 3.5 weeks away, which only gives me 2.5 weeks max of training left, so for now, that will be priority 1. The good new is ... this warm weather should keep me going in Walden for at least two weeks. The sharks start next week, which should help me with my swim speed.

Anyone else going to Cleawater?? Let me tell you the bucks are just flying out the window and .. I'm shipping my bike with TriBike Transport. I don't have time to break down my bike as we fly early am the morning after the race. I'm nervous about it, but everybody says it works out great, but I insured my bike (on top of their insurance) anyway, just in case they smash the frame. If you have used them, let me know your experience.

Anyway, I may add Manchester Half Marathon to my race list. It's a stretch for me to race a half two weeks after a full, but it might be a good sharpening tempo run for Clearwater. I can't resist, because the race director sent me a complimentary elite application as a congrats for last years podium.

Anyone that has done Clearwater, please let me know what you think. I know that folks have a lot of different opinions about the race, but I heard last year the weather was beautiful. It is going to be a fun trip and is DEFINITELY my last race of the season (maybe).

-Kyle

1 comment:

kyle65 said...

I forgot to add, BAA men masters was second at Lone Gull. I rounded out the scoring with a lousy time, but I could not get my legs to turn over with all the miles from the previous week. Nice job Jon Fortescue, Wayne Levy and Andy MacDonald - the BAA masters big guns.