Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Race Schedule

I am back training and everything is going well. This training period is short, but I have a high level of fitness and just need to drop a few pounds to get back to race weight. With all the races I have coming up, I need to focus on quality, but keep everything under control. Thanks to Mark I am back at the track and doing speedwork, which I desperately need. Although with Baystate coming up, I am trying to raise my base miles to marathon level training. The race is right around the corner and there is not a lot of time to do the traditional training thing, so I will train as hard as possible and then just race. It worked last year for Manchester. I just need to set reasonable time goals. Anyway, Muskoka is one of the last 70.3 races around that I could do and get into. They have 50 qualifying slots for Clearwater, which is Nov. 14. Plan is to get one of those slots and race down there. Anyway, here is the schedule:

Muskoka 70.3 Triathlon Sept. 13th, Huntsville, Ontario CA
Lone Gull 10K NE Championships Sept. 20th, Gloucester MA
Baystate Marathon NE Champioships Oct. 18th, Lowell MA
Clearwater 70.3 World Championships Nov. 14th, Clearwater FL

I'm in too good shape to let myself go this fall, so why not race?

-Kyle

1 comment:

Wess said...

Rock on KB - good luck up north - get that Clearwater slot.
pw