Monday, May 10, 2010

Time To Get Serious (Again)

Sudbury Spring Sprint Result:

Swim (400yds) 6:17, Bike (7mi) 20:40, Run (2.3mi) 13:58 (transitions incl. in splits)
Total Time 40:56
2nd AG, 8th Overall

I always ask myself why I do this race - 1 marathon + 2 weeks of recovery + 1 week easy training = 5 weeks of no speed work. Conditions: windy and cool. This is a good prep race for me as it gets me into the tri season early and helps with the mind-set. I am please with my swim and run times - my bike; much slower than last year, but I think that can be attributed to the two weeks off.

Anyway, time to get serious about training! I will be focused on VOLUME for the next week or so ... need to get those bike miles in. Eagleman is 5 weeks away and I need to be ready for that race, as it will be shot #1 at a Kona slot for me this year and I want to achieve that goal!

No comments: