Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Officially Back in IM Training

The countdown to Eagleman has begun. I am now less than four weeks away from my first big triathlon of the year. That said, I managed to screw up my shoulder and have been unable to swim for the last week, so the focus has been on everything else:

Swim-3500, Bike-145, Run-58

I am running the Bedford, NH 12K this weekend as a race to keep me in race shape, no other goals .... but, I gaurantee a PR! Yes, for obvious reasons. It will be good to hook-up with the BAA masters team and do a race. It might be a while before I can do another one with them.

Desperately need a long ride! I am falling behind, words that shouldn't come out of the ATT guy. I just hope for some good days matching when I can do the ride, else I might set some new PRs on rides on a trainer in my basement. The sounds of which are dreadful, but I may have no choice. My time is also being squeezed, so I may have to resort to the hardcore, no sleep, torture of riding at 5:am again. That may be my only choice.

I hope everyone's training is going well. It's amazing to think that IMLP is only two months away from this Sunday, which leaves only six weeks for training.

-Kyle

No comments: