Monday, March 7, 2011

Hopefully The Groundhog Is Right This Time

Very quiet on this end, but training is going okay. Back on the bike a day last week and today - it had been a month of no outside biking (thumbs down). Snow banks too high - too risky and I don't want to get whacked - it has been bad enough run commuting with those knuckle-head drivers. Not much else to report; February was a lost month of swimming; pool closed, Feb school vacation and I had to travel. I will need to make up for it this month, but I still feel very good in the water and I'm still doing lots of fly, which is hard work. The return to the Foxborough Old Fashion Ten Mile this year; blustery cold conditions, but I still went out hard, but legs began to tighten; lot's of speed work has done a number on the legs and I only managed 66 minutes. The race was totally dominated by the BAA. Also, three weeks of long runs 23, 17 and 21 - I decided to give it a break last weekend and just put in medium long runs. Mileage not great, but last two weeks 65 and 67 miles. February running miles just a tick above 2011. Need to put in high miles this week, as the following week is New Bedford on 3/20. I also need bike miles, as February wasn't a great bike month either. Body okay. Nagging heel thing (not achilles) comes and goes, but it doesn't keep me from running. It has been a tough winter for us New Englanders, but there is sign that spring is coming! We have earned our dues and it feels great ride outside. Only a couple of weeks until spring and I am ready for some mild, sunny days where I can get out and cruise on the bike. Also, running on some soft surfaces like trails is highly desirable, as the roads just beat you up after a while. Last week; 5800, 102, 67. Thanks for checking in. I will try to get back to posting the numbers on a weekly basis. -Kyle

No comments: