Monday, March 28, 2011

Ready For Spring Weather and Thank God For The Trails

I'm ready for Spring to come any time mother nature wants to bring it. Finally back running on trails! How long has it been? A short taste of spring, but now it seems we are back in a psuedo winter, again. Last week's running miles = 90. Not much else going on as that sport is taking up all of my time (~60mi bike and 3Kswimming). April 18th is approaching rapidly and it is almost time to start scaling things back. I am looking forward to scaling back running and doing some long outside rides, hopefully in warm sunny weather. New Bedford Race Report; 3 years in a row now, no taper and high miles in the legs; I just could not find a rhythm and backed off; either a PR or I don't care and don't want to risk injury = 1:26:30. Hope everyone's training had gone well. It has been a tough winter for us New Englanders and I know a lot of people have struggled. There are a lot of injuries out there! Time to hit the trails and give the legs a break!

No comments: