Monday, May 16, 2011

Starting To Turn Up The Volume

Crossing back over to triathlon once again. I've started pushing up bike miles last week with 237. Saturday am was an 89 mile hill ride with the boys. Finally back on the tri bike again and getting some aero riding in. July 24th all of a sudden does not seem that far off and I am avoiding the potential for any problems this year by taking easy days after the hard ones. Looking forward to some nice spring weather?? Don't come to New England as the choice has been outside in the rain or on the trainer (3 hour spin last Wed). We lucked out on Saturday as it was okay and the weathermen have not done such a great job of predicting anything accurately. It looks like a rainy commute home and some more rides on the trainer this week. I am also back running again after some time off to clear the head and let the body heal. I also managed Walden last Friday (the only nice day we have had all of May). It was cold, but doable with the sun. I think I will wait a bit before I go again though.

I am boycotting the outrageous fees this year for the 70.3s - it would only be a prep-race this year. I am looking to do a simulated race instead and save my self a $300+ weekend.

Hope everyone is well and ready to get some long rides in, when the sun decides to come back.

-Kyle

No comments: