Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Right From Winter To Summer

No spring this year, as we will be going back into another heat wave this week. At least if it is hot at Placid this year, I will be ready. I want to let everyone know that training has gone great so far. I am following my own rule of taking an easy day after a hard day and doing nothing stupid. I am starting to get fit again - not so thin, but volume and organized work-outs are getting me into shape. It's been a while since my last post, so here are the numbers for the last three weeks:

5/16-22: 7000, 174, 43

5/23-29: 9200, 191, 42

5/30-6/5: 4100, 199, 42

Nothing crazy, but some good quality work-outs with not a lot of junk. 237 miles on the bike 5/9-5/15 is still my biggest week. Also, 765 miles on the bike in May exceeds 2010, so I am continuing my vow to focus on the bike. Long rides so far: 90, 89, 75, 105 and 91, so I am definitely getting this distance in. Ramping up and getting some long runs in, as well as speedwork trying to keep everything balanced, I think not having any races until placid is helping me focus on the one race I need to nail this year.

Hope everyone's training is going well.

Above pic is at the top of the Kancamagus, from Saturdays Bear Mt. Notch to Crawford Notch to Franconia notch to Kancamagus ride. Lot's of black flies, but a beautiful day in the mountains.

Cheers,

-Kyle

No comments: