Wednesday, October 12, 2011

All Systems Go For Cape Cod Marathon

Less than three weeks to go before my first shot at the Cape Cod course. I am now committed to running, barring any disasters over the next couple of weeks. This is the New England Grand Prix Championships. It would be nice to have a good race and get myself somewhere in the standings - without blowing myself apart like at Boston this year! Expectations will be reasonable, since this has been a very short training period. Last weeks numbers: 75 miles, some riding and not much swimming. Trying to focus on the running here for another week or so - then start mixing some cross-training in. I had a very tender heel last week and forced myself to take a complete day off Monday. My body seems to be very sensitive to running on roads. No problems on soft trails and I will try to focus all workouts toward soft surfaces. Anyway, there seems to be two camps on the CC course; one camps says hilly and hard, the other camp says it's not too bad. Feel free to leave your opinion! I am looking forward to finding out for myself! -Kyle

2 comments:

MB said...

yes hills, run with a group, study the course ahead of time, know the finish and pay attention to the wind off the water-have fun I'll be cheering for you

kyle65 said...

Thanks Mark! I will heed your advice.