Monday, October 3, 2011

Four Weeks until Cape Cod Marathon

This is going to be a very, very short training period for me. I'm lucky to still have some fitness from the tri-season and I did run a marathon only a couple of months ago (3:30 at LP), so I can't be that far out of marathon shape. The biggest issue has been long runs, but I finally got a 20+ run in this week and will shoot for a 3 hour run next week. At the Octoberfest 5K 18:30 3rd overall - I would have had a shot, but too many miles in the legs and no kick at the end left me in third place. That is the fastest 5K I have run in a few years (5:59s), so I am happy and that seems to be my annual 5k. Numbers last two weeks; 68 and 50 miles. I need an 80+ week to get some confidence that I can have a good race. Expectations will be lowered, but I may still try to PR. Not much else going on; some riding but not much swimming. I may try to get back into Walden a couple of times this week, as the water is still warm, but the count down begins. I hope everyone's fall training is going well. Lots of marathons to choose from over the next 5 weeks. Cheers! -Kyle

No comments: