Friday, October 21, 2011

Winding Down Training

Another unusual training period; I guess I started this back in 2008, when I trained for Manchester Marathon on only 10 weeks of marathon training. It worked then, so hopefully it will yield the same result for Cape Cod. Of course, coming off a long summer tri season has left me moderately fit. Numbers: 68 miles last week and it looks like I will breach 70 again this week. The numbers are deceiving though! 10/11-17 I had 90 miles, which is a lot. I will probably continue to train into next week and then shut everything down. It looks to be a pretty stacked race with decent prize money, which always brings them out of the woodwork. Anyway, I get the message that the latter part of this race is hilly and will be challenging. Expectations will be reasonable for this race and the strategy is to cruise the first ten in 65 minutes or so, and then see how it goes the rest of the race. I will err on the side of being comfortable throughout this race and avoid any possibility of blowing-up in the latter stages. Also, plan is to continue into November with some short fast stuff and shoot for a decent 5K and then go off-season in December. I hope everyone is doing well; lots of marathons this month and early November. I hope everyone's races go or have gone well. -Kyle

No comments: