Thursday, December 17, 2009

TG That's Over!

Three weeks and no running, a bad recipe for the ATT athlete. Only the other addicts understand what the ATT is like, good or bad. I ran 3 miles this morning on a treadmill at the gym. Not very exciting, but I need to re-acclimate with New England weather - especially with the arctic blast that is going on. Also, I have started up again, but with a lifetime of experience doing this; I understand to ramp up very slowly before the real training starts. That said, I will continue to cross-train and focus on core work along with the base marathon training. Anyway, the weight thing is under control and I am trying to drop a few pounds over the next week (only to be regained over the holidays). The knee thing was definitely from turns in the pool (I seem to remember the same thing last year?). After swimming outside all the way into fall and then swimming in a pool, it can be appreciated that there could be up to a 100 or more turns swimming 3000 yards or so, depending on the workout! I'm trying to push off easier and that seems to be helping. Everything felt dynamite during the run and I'll start testing things on some longer runs in a week or so. This pic is from Clearwater of course, with the palm trees by the beach. Hmm ... so why am I living in New England? I'll post again next week and recap 2009, as it looks like I will be off the air through the holidays. -Kyle

No comments: