Thursday, December 10, 2009

Two Down, One To Go

The first two weeks of no running is now over. Plan is resume from the respite on 12/17 - a full three weeks off. For the first week, I was definitely lost and didn't know what to do with myself. It is a difficult thing for me and the addiction is strong, but this week has gone much better and with a week to go I will start-up again and drop the pounds I have been gaining at a rapid rate. I need to be careful because the masters half marathon championships is 2/7 and that is only six weeks of training plus one week taper - plenty of time, as long as I don't get too fat! I think running through the holidays is a great idea, especially with this off-season loss of discipline thing. I need to avoid gaining all that weight like last year. I am a little afraid to step on scale, because every time I do, it is at least one pound more! I have also been off the bike - time to put the cross tires back on, as winter has come to stay and I have a full three months of winter bike commuting ahead. Anyway, I am always amazed at how quickly this time of the year flies by - I am looking forward to joining my BAA team-mates for some long runs and getting back and spin/bricking with MRC boys. I'll recap 2009 on my next post. -Kyle

No comments: