Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Recap

I guess New Year's eve is a good time to reflect on 2009 and then move on. One thing that comes to mind, even from the ATT guy - way to much in 2009!! I trained almost 11 months straight, with only a short respite after LP. 2010 needs to be much more focused and maybe a shorter season - at least in running and triathlon. I just squeaked by without injury this year. Maybe next year finish earlier and do cyclo-cross again. That said; I am racing at the half marathon championships in 5 weeks!

Okay, so here's my conclusion on 2009:

Best Swim:
Lake Placid 65:01 - even though it is not a PR (64:45 IM France 08) - it is by far my best swim to date and the fact that I came out with the good swimmers is huge. I will look to better that time at LP this year.

Best Bike:

I have two (1) the 430 mile Rochester Ride - nothing could be more mentally challenging then riding 3 days in the rain. (2) and this will surprise a lot of people - Clearwater 70.3 2:18:27 (24.3 mph) and even though I had an issue with a race official (I don't do the peleton thing like every one else), I was absolutely flying and I think 2010 on the bike is going to surprise a lot of people.

Best Run:
This won't surprise anyone; The 113the running of the Boston Marathon, 2:52:10 a new PR at age 43!!!! In fact, this may have been my best race ever! As things just went perfect from preparation to crossing the finish line. A sub-2:50 is in sight and that will be the goal on April 19th, 2010.

Okay, enough blogging about myself. I hope everyone has a great New Year and it is time to kick of marathon training as April is right around the corner! Cheers! I will post a race schedule soon.
-Kyle

No comments: