Wednesday, February 3, 2010

US Masters Half Marathon Championships

Off to Melbourne, FL with the boys early tomorrow am. That came fast! I can't believe we are already in February, but it certainly has not been an easy winter for us New Englanders. I can't wait for some above freezing temperatures to ride the bike in. Numbers for January good; focused mostly on running, but the pressure to train is also good, because I knew I did not have much time at all with the race being on 2/7. And guess what else happens when the run training starts again? I am not fat anymore; 156 lbs @ 8.9% body fat. Certainly not my 148-150lb race weight, but I will take it. There is no mystery to running fast; you can not be fat. Anyway, I will take whatever comes out of the race on Sunday and I'm feeling no pressure with this race, except to have fun and run well enough to be satisfied. I still haven't nailed the 2010 race schedule, but it looks like the next race after this weekend will be New Bedford half marathon. I have received my Boston entry confirmation, so that will be the main focus between now and April. Anyway, I plan on getting the bike miles up next week and to start getting serious about swimming and get some balance back into the training. I hope everyone is having some success getting back going, back into shape, although it is still early in the season and training in this weather can be difficult and unpredictable. Post any up coming races here and let me know what everyone is doing.

-Kyle

3 comments:

Craig Macfarlane said...

Hey Kyle,

I hope you have a ball down under! Is it true that below the equator they run in the other direction around the track? :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

kyle65 said...

Hey Craig,

I wish they had run the course in the other direction; we ran into the wind on the exposed side of the Indian River and back on the sheltered side. See you at the track.

-Kyle