Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Entering Taper Phase

Everything is good and the final weeks of training have gone well:

6/28-7/4: 2100yds, 225mi, 49mi
7/5 - 7/11; 7000yds, 222mi, 55mi

I am starting to tone things down this week. Things haven't gone perfect this training period or rather, since the beginning of the year, but I pulled off a good Boston. Let's see if I can do the same up at IMLP.

The numbers are good. Swimming; I think we will see the PR drop at LP this year. Biking; I think I have got my bike legs back. Plan is to moderate the bike leg and come in around 5:30. Running; I always feels good running. I need to nail the marathon this year! I have still yet to nail an Ironman. Hopefully this is the year! Weight; skinny. Last check was 146lbs @ 6% (how can that be right?). Looks like I won't have to lug that extra 4lbs around!

-Kyle

3 comments:

Wess said...

awesome Kyle! Look forward to saying hello up there!
All the best -
PW

kyle65 said...

Paul,

Great to hear you're coming up to sign up (right?). See you up there. It will be fun to hang out. -K.

MB said...

Good luck, in 7 dayss!, you should be well rested by 30 July to join us at Wakefield. We'll be there for 24 hours wanting to hear your stories.