Thursday, July 1, 2010

Out Of The Penalty Box and Back In The Saddle

I wanted to let everyone know that recovery has gone really well and I think this thing is behind me finally. Yesterday; 100mi ride + 5mi fast run followed by 17mi run today. Everything is great and I am back in full swing. I swam 24K yds the last two weeks, so I am taking a break and focusing on biking. I will be up at Finger Lakes NY next week on vacation, so looking forward to some long rides and trying to get my run speed back. Also, I can swim whenever I want. My weight is freakishly low ~ 144 lbs @ 6% body fat (I think the monitor should read 2% body fat). I am 5lbs lighter than before IM France, something I thought not possible. Probably the thinnest I've been since undergrad school. It's from all the swimming and running, and all those ibuprofens and other stuff, just kills the appetite. I've got my confidence back have LOTS of time to sharpen up before IMLP. Just need to keep head screwed on straight. -Kyle

No comments: