Monday, April 30, 2007

Epic Training Weekend


I'll keep this post short. Here it is: 10 A-team triathletes, one weekend of training.


Friday Workout Day #1: 5600 yds swim, 56 mile bike, 4.3 mile run.


Saturday Workout Day #2: 3000 yds swim, 100 miles bike, 1.25 mile run


Special thanks to MD for making this happen. We were on a roll. For me, Sunday was the NE 10K championships in Groton. I managed to run okay, even after the intense days of training. It did feel a little bit like a run off the bike, but all things considering, I'm happy with it. I'm not sure I will ever race again 13 days after running a marathon.


I did a short spin (1/2) this morning and already swam 2500 yds. I'll finish the day off with 1/2hr easy running. That's called a recovery day.


I feel good. It's amazing I did that much cycling without any reaction from the body. I'm still a little tired though, so tomorrow may be moderate also. Next Sunday is the NE 5K championships in Westford. I'm hoping to PR, but don't want the race to get in the way of the IronMan training.
Get out on the bike everyone!
-Kyle

No comments: