Sunday, April 15, 2007

Pre-Race Day 2007 Boston Marathon 111th


My legs surpisingly are a litte bit achey. I'll continue to work them out, stretch, etc. to see if I can make it all go away. It's the typical pre-race thing, you never feel as good as when you are training hard, beating up the body and the mind.
Well after several days of media-hype about the storm and concerns about hypthermia, it looks like race day, at least the part during the race isn't going to be too bad. It's just like a number of those supposed snow storms that just turn out to be a dud. I think the conditions are going to be ideal.
This race will be my 11th consective Boston. I am looking to smash my PR (2:58:26 BayState 2006) and last year's Boston PR (3:02:30). I certainly have the fitness to do it. Now it's just putting the money where the mouth is ...
I wan to wish everyone good luck in tomorrow's race: BAA team mates, MRC team mates, friends and all the folks coming in to experience what a spring New England race is all about. I know the conditions will be wet and there will be a head-wind, but I just hope they can keep the streets from flooding - that would be a real big problem. Everyone should be off thier feet and enjoying the carbo-loading. I have aleardy gained a few pounds, which I think is good, since I am fairly thin this year (~150 lbs. and 6% body fat).
Anyway, get rest, relax and have a great race tomorrow!!
-Kyle

1 comment:

MB said...

Kyle, Best of luck to you in your Boston Marathon tomorrow! You are right in how the weather can turn out around here, prep for the worst and pray for the best.