Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Last Week Before The Marathon

Ah, yes, the taper week. It's always something I struggle with; to slow down. The typical addict struggles to stop. I had some pain above the ankle on the right foot yesterday, but it seems to be gone today. It's good I have a little pain, because it puts fear in me before I go run, making me take it easy. I have a massage scheduled for Thursday anyway, just to be sure that the legs get workout.

I'm satisfied with my last two major workouts; one at the track and one with Mark, check out his report at http://runfastermaster.blogspot.com/ . All the splits were fast, a positive indication that I am going to have a real good race. Some tempo today and Thursday at MP, but no big deals. I can't find my watch, so I will probably just play it by ear and try to stay in control.

The work is done. Now I'm just trying to get plenty of sleep, eat high vitamin food and figure out my schedule for race day - no more sleeping in on race day! Ughh!

Anyway, I hope everyone's training has gone well. These few days are the toughest, because when the body is fine tuned, it just wants more. Get rest and take it slow! If I can do it, there hope for us all.

Cheers,

-Kyle

2 comments:

Love2Run said...

Good luck on Monday. Conditions will be perfect for New Englanders, right? What we've put up with all winter...

kyle65 said...

You've got it love2run. I will east this weather with a spoon. After all, would folks rather have 90 degrees like we did three years ago? My worst marathon ever? Thanks for the encouragement and good luck with your training. -Kyle